A Swap-bot.com Swap, January 2009:
Gigantic Survey - All About You! // E-Swap
(My favorite picture included at the bottom - Please Scroll Down)
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
“fast, uninterrupted by gliding. Common and Yellow-billed dive by” (it’s a bird book)
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can...what do you touch first?
The mouse to my tower PC
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
4. Without looking, what time is it?
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The ticking clock, and cars driving by outside.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Just a little while ago to mail something, check my mail, and take a walk.
8. What are you wearing right now?
A long skirt, a shirt and a little black soft jacket.
9. What did you dream about last night?
I was with my mother and daughter in the house I grew up in, in Massachusetts. I can’t remember what happened though. Maybe we were looking for something. (My mother died in 2003; my daughter lives in L.A. and is 27 years old. I still often dream that she is a teenager.)
10. When did you last laugh?
Watching TV last night - NCIS.
11. What's on the walls of the room you're in?:
A painting by my daughter, prints of paintings by my daughter, Prints of paintings by Renoir, Monet, Maxfield Parrish, a picture I took while visiting Santa Monica, a large picture of a ruin at Chaco Canyon, NM, My diplomas and awards. I’m in the living room. I think I am going to take down the diplomas and awards pretty soon. They were fun to have up in 2007, shortly after I got them. Now I am getting kind of tired of looking at them.
12. What's the most memorable experience you've ever had?
I have a lot, but here are two: Going to Sedona, Arizona with my husband and daughter in 1998, and visiting my daughter in L.A. in 2006
13. What's the last film you saw?
In the movie Theater: Probably the last Harry Potter.
At home: The 10th Kingdom.
14. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
Well, first I’d send some money to family members and friends who don’t have much. Then I’d buy a new car.
15. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
I have many. Mainly I wish I could make people get along – all people.
16. Do you like to dance?
Yes - I can dance my fool head off if I really like the music!
17. Imagine your first child is a girl. What would you name her?
My first and only child was a girl and I named her Erica; she’s now 27 years old.
If I had had a boy I was thinking of naming him after my brother, Richard. But at my age I won’t be having any more kids.
19. Would you ever consider living abroad?
20. What time did you get up this morning?
21. Diamonds or pearls?
22. What's your favorite TV show?
Bones; NCIS is a close second.
23. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
24. What's your favorite cuisine?
25. What foods do you dislike?
Peas and lima beans
26. What is your favorite chip flavor?
Yellow corn tortilla chips with French Onion dip.
27. What's your favorite song at the moment?
The Mean Kitty song on YouTube – He’s not mean at all!
28. What kind of car do you drive right now?
Toyota Camry - 1988
29. What was your first car?
A Chevy Bellaire - 1964
30. Favorite sandwich?
Subway Seafood and Crab
31. What characteristics do you despise?
People who have huge egos and think they are great, when actually they are annoying, or worse. Also, people who are fake. Also people who hurt other people; and especially people who hurt children..
32. What is your favorite article of clothing?
Stuff I can wear in the summer, in particular a cool silk dress that I have.
33. What color is your bathroom?
White with brown trim
34. What is your favorite brand of clothing?
No particular brand. Whatever I like, and whatever fits and looks nice
35. Where would you/did you retire to?
My husband and I will probably retire right here in Taos, New Mexico, USA. Not retired yet.
36. Favorite time of the day?
About 1:00 PM
37. What was your most memorable birthday?
I think it was my 40th – we invited lots of people over, some from afar. We lived in Fairfield, Iowa at the time. It was fun!
38. Where were you born?
Lawrence, Massachusetts, USA
39. What fabric detergent do you use?
Whatever is the cheapest
40. Were you named after anyone?
No, not that I know of. My sister, Arline, liked the name Linda and conviced my mother to name me Linda. My mother wanted to name me Mary. Mary is my middle name.
41. Do you wish on stars?
42. When did you last cry?
A few weeks ago; I saw something that reminded me of my mother. (she died in 2003)
43. Do you like your handwriting?
Mostly I write too sloppily; if I take my time my handwriting is OK
44. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
45. Are you a daredevil?
46. Do looks matter?
Somewhat, but mostly not. I like people who are kind, honest, friendly and never mean. That matters more than what they look like.
47. How do you release anger?
Hold it in, Cry, or go take a brisk walk. Or all of them!
48. What were your favorite toys as a child?
I had a plastic model of the USA White House with little president statues. Also my Barbie-like doll which my daughter now has. This is thinking back into the 1950s or 1960s.
49. What class in high school was totally useless?
I don’t think ANY of them was/were TOTALLY useless.
50 Favorite movies?
Some of my favorites: Adventures in Babysitting, The Thomas Crown Affair, Waking Ned Devine, The Core, The Craft, Don't Say a Word, Fly Away Home, The Fifth Element, Freaky Friday, Grosse Point Blanke, Harry Potter (all of them), Lord of the Rings (all 3), The Others, Romeo Must Die, Armageddon, Runaway Jury, Twister, Ultra Violet, Dead Man, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Dead Poets' Society, Secret Window, The Game, and more.
51. What are your nicknames?
One of my sisters calls me Lin. My mother used to do that also. Everyone else calls me Linda - my first name.
52. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Not my tennis shoes.
53. Do you think that you are strong?
What kind of strong? Physically: No. Emotionally: Somewhat.
54. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
55. What are your favorite colors?
Red is my absolute favorite and Royal Blue is my second favorite. Mainly I like bright colors.
56. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Right now, the fact that I am overweight
57. Who do you miss the most?
58. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Probably blue – and not because I’m sad.
59. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My boss, Ursula
60. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Good looking or not, but I don’t look much anymore anyway.
61. Favorite drink?
A really good Café Mocha
62. Do you wear contacts?
63. Favorite day of the year?
My birthday! May 2.
64. Do you prefer your endings happy or sad?
65. Winter or summer?
66. What is your favorite dessert?
67. What book(s) are you reading?
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda; I’m OK - You’re OK by Thomas A. Harris; Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan; The Game of Words by Willard R. Espy; Stigmata by Ted Harrison. Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards.
68. What's the furthest you've been from home?
I was born and grew up in Massachusetts. The furthest I’ve been away from Massachusetts is California. I’ve basically never been outside of the USA.
Hope you enjoy reading this. I had fun writing it!
A bit more about me: I am 57 years old, I live in Taos, New Mexico (I was when this was written anyway); I was born in Massachusetts. I have lived in several other states in the USA. All the states I have lived in are: Massachusetts, New York, Iowa, Missouri, California, Nevada. I am remarried to the man I originally married in 1977 and divorced in 2000. We have a wonderful, lovely daughter who is now 27 and lives in Los Angeles, California. See picture below.
Bert, Me, and our daughter Erica summer 2008.
I sprained my foot one week before the wedding.
That's why I was in a wheel chair in this photo.
This picture was taken several days after Bert and I
got married again on June 22, 2008.