Maps & About Taos
If you want to find Maps of Northern New Mexico and Taos Do a Google Search, especially a search in Google Maps and Google Earth.
I used to have maps here, but now all that's here is this page. :)
Taos, New Mexico is a beautiful town with mountains on three sides - North, East and South. Elevation is 6,969 ft (2,124 m). The population is about 5,700 people, although it swells to upwards of 11,000 with the tourists. They come in the winter for skiing and in the summer for shopping, hiking, rafting, among other things.
Taos has been hailed as the Solar Capital of the World by official proclamation.
Taos is best known for:
- The Taos Ski Valley which is about a 30 minute drive from the actual town of Taos.
- The Taos Pueblo which is about a 15 minute drive from the center of Taos. It has been occupied by Native Americans for thousands of years.
- The Rio Grande Gorge and Bridge. Rio Grande is Grand River in Spanish. The Rio Grande Canyon is like a mini Grand Canyon.
- The Earthship Biotecture World Headquarters and Visitor's Center
- Our awesome art galleries
- Great places to shop
- The Taos Art School
- Many fine museums
- Excellent restaurants and hotels
- The Plaza (the town square) where many community events happen
- The Kit Carson Park that contains the Kit Carson cemetery where some famous people are buried, including, of course, Kit Carson and his family
Please Make a Donation if You Find
Something Useful on My Web site - help me keep this running. Thanks!
All Material on This Site is Copyright © 1997 - 2016 and beyond...
AngelStar Creations, unless otherwise noted. I make absolutely no profit on this site, so if you find something of yours you want removed just email me
and tell me what page and what item(s) or text you want removed and I will remove.
Or if you want me to leave it there and give you credit just let me know and I will.
Please click on some of the ads on my pages and/or make a donation so I can keep this site going.
3,500+ pages! ...... Enjoy! ...... Thanks!© Angelstar Creations. All rights reserved. | Design: HTML5 UP